So lately I've been watching a lot more of television than I normally do, of course, it's mostly sci-fi kinda stuff, so it's pretty cool in my opinion. One little quirk about me is that I can't really get into a television show if I don't watch the first couple of episodes, and I don't bother watching it until I can.
Heroes: Show about people with abilities, kind like if comic book powers came to life. Like the idea behind it, but think a few tweaks can be used to make it more appealing. Don't get me wrong, I like the show enough to join a site devoted to it and write stories, but nothing's perfect. :p
Supernatural: Thanks to Maxii, Justin, Linds, and Synch; I've gotten into this show and just recently finished the season 4 finale, catching up with them. I'm really enjoying this show very much, and I can't wait till the next, and most likely last, season airs so I can watch it with them.
Leverage: One of the few shows that I've really gotten into without seeing the first episode. Reminds me of the Ocean's movies, and I really enjoyed those because I liked that style.
Psych: As my stepfather says, it's mostly comedy with hints of drama, which is probably why I like it. 80s and pop culture references galore are used throughout the show.
Lie To Me: Like the premise behind it, using the concepts of lying to solve mysteries/murders/investigations. Got into it because I was taking a course on Interpersonal Communication this past semester and nonverbal cues was a part of the lesson.
Life After People: Miniseries on the History Channel that depicts what happens to our structures as if humans vanished from the face of the Earth tomorrow. Love it because it shows just how non-permanent our civilizations are in the grand schemes of things, and how nature can just reclaim itself in our absence.
These are just a few shows that have interested me that I've thought to share. Tomorrow I should have something more revelant to post about, lol. See y'all then!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home." - David Frost
Posted by Bryan at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Heroes - meh, but a fun 'verse to write in.. and MYLAR!
Supernatural - I have never loved a show like this. I've watched it since s1 but mostly under the rader and my love has just grown unlike most shows where I get sick of them. BUT THIS SHOW IS AMAZING! WHEE! CASTIEL IS MINE THOUGH, BITCH!
Leverage - Also a great show! Totally gives me ideas, and makes me want to join a life of crime.. hehe.
Psych - Ahh Shawn. I normally hate comedies, and crime shows but really this is just too good. So luff!
Lie to Me - Watched the first 4 episodes to get ideas on how to get away with lying and DA was in epi 3 or 2 or something, but it got repetitive and boring.
Anyway.. i applaud you for mostly good show choices.
Post a Comment